Monday, January 9, 2017

Off the Shop: Things I Can't/Won't Sell

Along with the normal round-up of semi-subversive ornaments, there are also several that I likely won't end up putting in my shop/sharing widely.

So they're going to go here.

I have a Happy Uterus Ornament as seen below:
Which is adorable. And a little bit subversive. My mother--the Scandinavian nurse--was amused and baffled, but not totally horrified.

But this one is NOT going into the shop.
(Putting it behind a jump because of mild-NSFW-ish-ness...I mean, it's a felt vulva.)


It's an adorable vulva, complete with angry clitoris, responding to a particular sexual technique.




How did it come to be? A conversation on a more-than-just-mommies group about spouses/partners and sex.

Someone piped up "Hey, I bet Missy could make this piece of conversation as an ornament," and thus it became a challenge. Part of the appeal, for me, of creating these ornaments is figuring out how I can render a subject in felt.

Be careful what you wish for. This has now been shipped off to said friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment