Monday, February 6, 2017

Firefly Finger Puppets!

AKA: Ain't nobody got time for Simon Tam.
I just posted a pattern for these Firefly finger puppets. Hello Captain Mal, Inara, Wash, Zoe, River, Jayne, Kaylee and Shepherd Book!

I originally designed the finger puppets to be part of a page in a Firefly busy book (that I'm still working on designing). However, a Firefly-fan-friend needed a Christmas present, so I made them and gave them to him. There will be more finger puppets to come (Star Trek TOS characters and some Star Trek TNG supplemental characters--the TNG busy book I originally made from someone else's pattern had no female characters at all. So.).

Now I have to make a second set for my busy book, so I'm looking at improvements.
Mal, Wash, and Kaylee are all really good.

Shepherd Book, Zoe and Jayne are recognizable but on a level just below Mal, Wash, and Kaylee.

Inara and River? Pretty generic. There's a reason I didn't do Simon Tam--he's totally generic. I'm not sure what to do with Inara and River, frankly. Inara might benefit from a less cartoonish lip. River might need hair that doesn't look sort of like dreads. I could make an alternate party-Kaylee and an alternate freed-hair Shepherd Book, too.

Oh, and Saffron, I feel, could be included. Cleavage stitching might need to be employed.

Other finger puppet sets I'm considering making:
  • PBS Pack (Mr. Rogers, Bob Ross, Julia Child)
  • Star Trek captain series (Kirk, Picard, Sisko, Janeway, Archer)
  • ABBA (Because, well, why not.)
  • Golden Girls (let's be honest...I should probably do a whole busy book page design for that)
  • All 12 Doctor Who Doctors (and some supporting characters--though, frankly, this is a market that has some play in this space already. Whovians are crafty.)
As I say. When I start doing a thing, I really DO a thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment