Monday, October 21, 2019

Vintage Postcards: von Schiller and Monty Python

I ordered a bulk pack of 100 vintage postcards (mixed! surprises!) from an ebay shop. It was super fun to open up the cards and find inspiration in whatever popped up. In this case, Friedrich von Schiller, philosopher and poet, needed a little extra bling and a quote (original postcard from the 1910s):

This postcard--a MN original from the 1960s that was in my Great-Aunt Anne's scrapbook--demanded the addition of a guard. So we get the French Knight from Monty Python's Holy Grail and a trojan rabbit for good measure:
I'm a little bummed about my scale choices for this (the knight! So big!) but the detail would have been REALLY hard otherwise. So I guess it will do. You live and learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment